Wednesday 27 March 2024

Interview: CARTER FAITH, C2C Country 2 Country (Part 2)


I loved chatting with one of my favourite country stars, Carter Faith, about her time in Europe; and we had so much more to talk about (check out Part 1 here first!). Let's talk new music, who she thinks we need to be listening to, and more...


CC: I am so excited for this new music, can you give us a little bit of an insight as to what we might expect?

 

CF: I think just more vulnerability. I think the songs I want to put out now, I'm not trying to satisfy anyone else with them. I don't have a label at this moment so I really have full rein to decide. And I have a really amazing team. I really just want people to know me when they listen to my music and feel like they also are getting to know themselves. So there’s gonna be a lot of emotions, which I think is my forte.

 

CC: That's so nice that you can write for yourself and not because of label requests or the need to please other people.

 

CF: Yeah, and I think that's how I started writing, just to make sense of my own mind and my own emotions. So I'm really trying to stick to that forever, go back to that always.

 

CC: And who is the Carter Faith you want the world to see - can you tell us in three words?

 

CF: Oh my god. Emotional, crazy, and a dreamer, for sure.

 

CC: Three things which we get in your music, right?

 

CF: I think so. I think you have definitely a lot of emotional songs!

 

CC: Yeah, I’ve cried to plenty of them! Okay, sticking with the theme of threes, top three highlights of your career so far?

 

CF: My number one is my Grand Ole Opry debut. I just love country musicespecially classic country music, and so getting to step into that circle for the first time was definitely one of the best days of my life ever.

 

Then probably the first time I came to Nashville, first day I stepped foot there. I was like, I will do whatever it takes to be here. I had no idea that I would feel that way but I went with my family to see colleges and I was just doing thhe college tours like, yeah, I'm not really thinking about college. I'll go, but I need to be hereright?

 

And then probably the first time I ever wrote a song and it clicked for meI can get emotional thinking about that, because that's just who I am as a songwriter and a writer. I just remember vividly the first time I was like at the beach with my family where I grew up, and I could not get over this breakupI just had toget my own words out. And when I put it all together, it was just like, oh, this might be why I'm on Earthlike what I'm supposed to doI probably didn't realize all that at the time, but I remember it being the most impactful day of my life up till then. So dramatic, but that's true.

 

CC: I’ve learnt so much about you, Carter, thank you for being so open! So really love festivals like C2C because they allow us to see artists we've been waiting for years to see, but also ones that we didn't know we wanted to see. Are there any up and coming artists out there that you think people should be listening to?

 

CF: There's this thing on Spotify called the day list, and it just gives me random music every day. And recently, I was listening to this song called I'm So Hooked by this artist Kier, she's from England. I was obsessed with this song and I’m like if I ever do a UK tour, I'm gonna hit her up to open for me cause I'm just obsessed with her music now. Definitely look that up,I just love it. There's UK artists doing country and I feel like people are realizing that. So definitely her.

 

CC: Added to my playlist! I have one more question for you, Carter - what is one question you've never been asked in an interview but would love to be?

 

CF: A good question. Also, you asked really good questions.

 

CC: You write really good songs!

 

CF: (laughs) I think maybe ‘what do you want out of your life that has nothing to do with music?

 

CC: Tell me.

 

CF: Honestly, I just want to be happy. I want to live in a beautiful place where I can wake up, drink my coffee on my porch, see no other houses, see no other person and just turn on a record or something and just be happy with my life.

 

CC: I can’t wait for the song about that.

 

CF: I'll give it to you!

 

CC: Carter, thank you so much for your time.

 

CF: It's been such a pleasure, thank you!


Carter Faith, killing it as always! I hope you'll check out more of her music, and stay tuned for even more artist interviews coming soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment