Wednesday 13 April 2022

Interview: JESS MOSKALUKE *new* (Part 1)

 

*check out my last interview with Jess here first!*


Ciara’s Country (CC): I am so delighted to be joined once again by the fabulous Jess Moskaluke. Welcome, Jess!


Jess Moskaluke (JM): Thank you so much!

 

CC: You and I last caught up last year can you give me a brief summary of what you've been up to since then?

 

JM: Sure! I mean, the pandemic has made things a bit less exciting so there's a little less for me to catch you up on, but I guess since last summer we've just been releasing singles from the album ‘The Demos’ which we spoke about, and getting ready for C2C Country 2 Country! 

 

CC: What was the preparation process for C2C like?

 

JM: For us, it was really just finding a band over here because it's a lot of work to travel with a band. Right now I'm travelling with just my lead guitar player, so he and I had to grab a bass player, another guitar player, and a drummer.

 

CC: And you finally made it! How does it feel to be playing at Europe’s biggest country music festival, C2C Country 2 Country?

 

JM: It feels a little bit surreal. London to me feels a little bit like Toronto and Canada, so it doesn't really feel like I'm here just yet, but I'm sure once we get somewhere and have a proper cup of tea, then I'll really understand the magnitude of where we.

 

CC: Is there a particular tea that you're looking forward to trying?

 

JM: No, I’m up for recommendations so if you have any, I’m all yours!

 

CC: I’ll send you my full list! How did your performances at C2C go?

 

JM: They went really well! It's always a little bit interesting to never know what you're going to run into when you're in another country, especially since this is my first time here ever. I didn't know if anyone was going to know the songs or if anyone would even be interested in the kind of country that I do, but somehow got a pretty big little crowd and it was a lot of fun.

 

CC: It must be lovely to see your music travel around the world like this.

 

JM: It's such a cool feeling. When you're in Canada, surely there's somebody that knows you personally or you know, is your mom's friend or someone you went to university with, but here that's really just not the case. People are here just because they appreciate your music or maybe they were walking by and they appreciated your music from far away and stuck around to find out who you are.

 

CC: Speaking of your music being international, the last time I saw you live was at C2C Country 2 Country in Australia, where you connected with fellow singer Travis Collins and ended up releasing the phenomenal Leave Each Other Alone – I loved it, the Ciara’s Country listeners loved it! Now you're at C2C London, is there anyone on the lineup here that you would like to record a duet with?

 

JM: I’m on the lookout! I love a good duet, it's my favourite. My favourite thing about music is that it can be shared in that way and you can perform with people that you're friends with or fans of. I've come to know Darius Rucker over the years and he's a friend of ours, so maybe I'll put that out there! I'm a big Kip Moore fan as well, so that could be really cool.

 

CC: Darius Rucker is a lovely man, so I think I can see that happening. (Check out my interview with Darius here)

 

JM: I love spending time with him.

 

CC: Will you have time to see some of the artists this weekend?

 

JM: We're sure going to try and take as much in as we can between performances and really try to experience it all. I might see if I can't catch an accent while I'm here too!

 

CC: Oh, I'm already looking forward to that! So, you're spending a bit of time in the UK around C2C -is there anything particularly British that you'd like to do?

 

JM: I mean, I'd love to see Buckingham Palace. I've been told that the Tower of London is fantastic, but honestly for us, it's just kind of finding little British pubs and things like that where you can really experience the lifestyle a little bit more. We don't have as much time as we would hope since there’s a performance every day for the rest of our time here but I think we have a little bit of time on Sunday. If anyone has any suggestions for my next trip, you can follow me on Instagram and drop us a note, because we want to see as much as we can!

 

CC: When can we expect to see you back this side of the pond?

 

JM: We're just waiting on a few dates to be announced so I can't tell you too much, but we're really hoping to be back this summer already.

 

CC: Oh my gosh! I can’t wait to hear about them. 


I can't wait to hear the rest of what Jess had to say either! Make sure to stay tuned for Part 2 of my interview, where we chat about new music, artist recommendations, 'Handpicked By Jess', her dogs, and so much more! Be the first to know when that drops by following me on Twitter @CiarasCountry - thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment